At Claremont we welcome volunteers in school helping in
classrooms, with sports events and trips.
A number of parents/carers are regular volunteers and are an
invaluable resource to the school. Some
volunteer on a weekly and some on a fortnightly basis. They may come in for an
hour to change books or a whole morning or afternoon to help out in a classroom
hearing readers. Our policy is to allocate parents according to need within the school and parents are not, therefore, placed in their child(ren)'s class(es).
We usually put out a call for help in September and if you would like to
join our group of volunteers we request you do the following:–
1. Contact the school office stating that you would like to volunteer and when you would be
2. Mrs Stevens will contact you regarding a DBS (criminal records) check. You will require a DBS check if you are helping on a regular basis, are unattended at any time in the school or volunteered previously and have had a break in volunteering in school for more than 3 months. You cannot start volunteering without completing the DBS checking process.
4. You will also need to read the following documents and sign a Memorandum of Understanding to say that you adhere to the guidelines.
- Information for Volunteers
- Guidance for Visitors
- Part 1 of Keeping Children Safe in Education
- Acceptable Use Policy
At the beginning of the school year we hold a meeting about
volunteering in school. This meeting is compulsory for anyone thinking of becoming a
volunteer and also to our existing volunteers to update them on any changes or
expectations in the role. We also provide an information sheet to all volunteers to support them in the