Our broad aim for all children in PE and Games is to promote healthy physical development through the acquisition of skills, co-operation and confidence. We endeavour to achieve this in an atmosphere which encourages individual and team effort. The children take part in movement and dance, apparatus work and educational gymnastics, team games, swimming and athletics.
We consider these activities to be an important part of your child's education. Children are expected to participate unless there are special grounds for exclusion. If your child is unfit for an activity, please write us a note and we will make alternative arrangements. It is important that your child is provided with kit
on the appropriate days.
We run a variety of clubs throughout the year to cater for many children and different sports. In the summer the whole school takes part in a Sports Day. This includes a wide range of activities which are fun and enjoyable. We take part in
numerous local festivals throughout the year such as cross country, tag rugby, football, netball, tri-golf, indoor athletics and cricket.
At Claremont we value the vital contribution that Physical Education makes to the health and well-being of our children. We believe that a varied and innovative curriculum and extra-curricular opportunities can have a positive influence on
the concentration, attitude and achievement in all areas of a young person's life.
spent on sport and PE provision in schools.
1: CPD Swimming Training £450
2: Membership of TWKSSP for CPD and competitions £2275
3: Contribution to Active Maths and Active English £695
4: Introduction of YourTrak to encourage daily mile £500
5: Competition Entries £460For a more detailed plan see the development plan attached. 2018-19
1: CPD Outdoor Games: £6,500
2: Entry into competitions: £800
3: Membership of Governing Bodies: £200
4: Wellbeing: £500
5: Live Sport Events: £500
For a more detailed plan see the development plan attached.2017-18
1: CPD Gymnastics £5,800
2: Entry into competitions £1,000
3: CPD Swimming £500
4: Memberships of Governing Bodies £250
5: CPD Forest School £3,500 For a more detailed plan, follow the link to our development plan.
1. Specialist teacher release 1 day a week- £6800
2. Storage £1200
3. Primary Fitness £1350
4. 5 a day subscription £203.55
5. Entry into competitions £605
6. Attendance at sporting events subsidy- £250For a more detailed explanation follow the link to our development plan.
- Specialist teacher release 1 day a week- £6800. This has allowed a specialist dance teacher to support 12 teachers throughout the year for 3 terms. Each teacher observed lessons and took control gradually throughout the term. This culminated in the classteacher taking the whole session and getting written feedback from the dance specialist. In the remaining 3 terms Mr Hogwood has been able to support teachers in outdoor games, and observe teachers to inform on the quality of PE throughout the school. In the remaining terms Mr Hogwood will be carrying out Balanceability and supporting teachers in key areas of PE.
- Balanceability- £757 This has enabled us to purchase the equipment to introduce Balanceability to our younger children. Mr Hogwood attended a course and now run sessions with the Year 1 and Reception children in 3 terms out of 6. Balanceability is an accredited learn to cycle program that can be delivered indoors or out. Pupils not only learn to cycle in fun group sessions but they also pick up valuable physical development skills on the way.
- Squash Coaching- £720 This year a coach from Tunbridge Wells Squash Club came and led 6 sessions for each class. During these sessions the class teacher observed and took an active role in the coaching. From these sessions we have created a Gifted and Talented Academy that meets before school at Tunbridge Wells Squash Club for regular training sessions
- Storage:- £4000 Because of the school's previous investment in new sports equipment and the large number of sports we no offer, there is an increased need for more and better storage for our outdoor PE gear. This money has funded extra storage containers to help us look ater and organise our equipment better, making lesson set up easier and faster for teachers.
These total £12277.
This year we have invested more in the improvement of PE by using funds from the school's devolved budget. This shows the school is fully committed to making the provision of PE better and more inspiring for the pupils at Claremont.2014-2015
- Funding of a gymnastics club for 2 terms for 20 children from Y3/4
- Funding of a gymnastics specialist to enhance the teaching of gymnastics; this has had a positive impact on 12 classes in the school
- Funding of an outdoor games specialist to work alongside teachers for 3 terms.
- Purchasing of handball and dodgeball equipment to enable sport to be introduced to the school.
- Orienteering expert to map school grounds and provide plaques. This will enable orienteering to be added to the PE curriculum from April 2015
- Teacher release 1 day a week to support in house or other schools through the Tonbridge and West Kent Sports Partnership
- Specialist gym instructor to support Years 1-6
- Specialist dance instructor to support Years 1, 3,4,5,6
- Various outdoor games coaches including multi skills, golf, netball, tag rugby to support teachers confidence and skill level from Year 1, 2, 5,6
- After-school multi skills clubs for Year 1 and 2
- Before school Street Dance club for Year 5 and 6
- Teacher release 1 day a week to support in house or other schools through the Tonbridge and West Kent Sports Partnership.
- PE resources and storage unit