Claremont uniform, can, on the whole, be purchased from our uniform supplier Superstitch 86 (SS86). http://www.superstitch86.co.uk/
Please ensure you select the correct Claremont School on the Superstitch86 website.
There is a standard 5% mark-up on all items, including those that do not display the school logo. This will mean that most items are now cheaper than before, although a few may be slightly more expensive. Proceeds from the 5% mark-up are used to cover uniform costs and contribute to PTA funding for the school.
Delivery is to your house for a small fee or free to the school. Deliveries to the school are in bulk and can take up to a fortnight to be delivered. We will distribute them to your children within 2-3 days of being delivered.
All pupils are expected to wear winter uniform from 1st October to 30th April. Summer uniform is optional from 1st May to 30th September.
Winter uniform is a mix of plain grey and white uniform items, which can be purchased in high street stores (M&S, John Lewis, Sainsburys, Next etc), and a royal blue cardigan or jumper that can be ordered from SuperStitch86. The summer uniform dresses for girls can also be purchased in high street stores. In practice, most boys opt to wear jumpers and most girls opt to wear cardigans.
In year 2 and above, all children wear a long sleeved white shirt with a school tie for winter uniform. Ties can only be bought from SuperStitch86.
Jewellery is not allowed except for small stud earrings if ears are pierced. Hair accessories must match school uniform colours. Long hair should be tied back.ALL uniform must be labelled with your child’s name.
If uniform is not labelled it cannot find its way back to you if mislaid. We ask that you sew name tapes into items where possible, preferably in the collar or waistband. We can end up with a couple of bin bags of unnamed lost property at the end of term. Hand written names are often too faded to identify. Unnamed items in good condition are donated to our nearly new sales.
Please check the newsletter for forthcoming Nearly New uniform sales
. We gratefully receive items with the school logo and summer dresses for these sales. If you have any enquiries regarding nearly new uniform, please contact the uniform team via firstname.lastname@example.org
Please find below details of the uniform items required for your child.ADDITIONAL INFORMATION FOR ALL PARENTS
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION FOR ALL RECEPTION PARENTS
- Typical sizes for jumpers and cardigans:
- a size 24” should fit a smaller/petit/ younger new starter
- a size 26” for an average reception child (this is the usual ordering size for most reception starters as gives some room for growth.
- a size 28” for a larger/older new starter (these are quite roomy and typically purchased for a Year1 or Year 2 aged child)
- Typical sizes for PE T-shirts :
- a 22” T-shirt typically fits a petit/smaller/younger new starter and
- a 24” for a taller/older child.
- Plimsolls/trainers for Reception year PE are not required until later in the school year - your teacher will advise you when these are required for PE.
- Please decorate your child’s bookbag with them (paints, fabric badges etc are available in C&H fabrics in the main shopping high street). Bags should have your child’s name clearly marked on the bookbag handle. All book bags are placed in containers and by decorating them your child will be better placed to identify their own bag.
- Art aprons are not necessary as these are provided within each class in reception.
- Tracksuits are not required in reception; PE will only take place outside if the weather is very warm and typically then only in summer months for reception children.